Barrel sauna – relax in the middle of the Lappish nature
Experience the Finnish sauna with a twist: it’s a gigantic barrel with a traditional wood-heated stove. Our guide will tell you about the importance of the sauna in the Finnish culture and explains also the sauna procedure so you know what to do in the sauna. The barrel sauna is located on our horse- and husky farm and it’s surrounded by Lappish pine forest. When you open the sauna door you can see directly to the night sky and maybe some twinkling stars and even the glowing Northern lights. After the sauna you can enjoy a night snack beside an open fire inside a kammi building. You can also relax in a hammock outside the kammi and stare to the night sky; there’s no better position of looking at the arctic sky!
Please note, no guarantee of seeing the Northern lights
Group size: max. 10 people and sauna itself is good for two at the same time
Duration: about 3 hours, depending how long you wish to enjoy the experience
- Ready warm sauna
- Water and snacks
- Water and snacks included. Other beverages available for purchase, please order them separately in advance.
- Dinner with local ingredients available for purchase (+50 € / person). You can book the dinner at the same time when processing the booking. Remember to inform us in case of any allergies or special diets.
- This tour is possible to book until 22.00 previous night unless othwerwise mentioned.
- We are located approximately 10 minutes taxi ride from Levi center. Transfer is not included unless otherwise mentioned.
- You can book the return transfer (+20 € / person) from Levi center when you book your tour (transfer needs to be booked at the same time when processing the booking.)
Book this experience